About the Journal
Der-Hechos journal is a biannual Open Access publication, edited by the Law School of EAFIT University, Medellin-Colombia. Its scope covers the field of social, critical and theoretical research of legal systems, considering the multiple perspectives of law. It aims to present results of current academic research undertook by national and international researchers, graduate students and professors.
Key Words: Law, Legal systems, General theory, Social justice, Legislation, Legal theory.
The call for articles aims to receive manuscripts in the following academic categories:
- Scientific Articles: paper that presents detailed the original results of research projects. Generally, the article is organized using the following structure: Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusions.
- Scientific Reflection Paper: paper that presents the results of a research from the analytic, interpretative or critical perspectives of the author on a particular topic and using original sources.
- Review Articles: paper that is the result of a research in which published or unpublished researches in the field of Law are systematized, analyzed and discussed, with the purpose of providing information on the current state of understanding and the tendencies in this particular area of knowledge.
- Reviews: paper that presents bibliographical novelties within the areas of academic and divulgation works in the field of Law. It aims to highlight the most relevant issues developed by the author(s) and to present a critical evaluation of the reviewed work. This paper is characterized by presenting a careful review of at least 50 bibliographical references.
- Reviews of sources of Law (Norms, judgments and books): paper that presents, from a critical and contextualized view, the norms and judgments published in the period before the last issue of the journal; likewise, it presents bibliographic novelties in the field of academic and editorial dissemination of the areas of Law.
Peer Review Process
The journal submits all received manuscripts to a preliminary assessment made by the Editorial Team, who, according to the topic of the article and the observance of the instructions, establishes whether it is appropriate to publish the manuscript or not. Once approved by the members of the Editorial Team, the manuscript is submitted to a peer review process made by two anonymous reviewers, who establish whether the manuscript should be published or not, according to the following items.
- Relevance and topicality of the subject: the article presents a research perspective and analysis that responds to current needs or problems. The text must indicate the institutional affiliation, the group or research project to which it belongs if applicable.
- Originality of the contributions of the article to the knowledge area: the article supposes a state of the art around a specific theme, and offers a line of analysis or novel interpretation.
- Argumental and methodological rigor: the article presents a concordance between the approach to a particular problem, the objectives and the results achieved. Additionally, it contains a critical apparatus that denotes good management of the sources and their discussion.
- Relevance and topicality of the bibliography: the article make references to an approximate number of 45 bibliographic entries, of which 30% must be from specialized journals or high impact publication. It is also suggested that the date of publication or the last edition of these references should not exceed 15 years, with the exception of authors in classical studies of Law.
- Clarity in the writing and presentation of ideas: the article meets the minimum requirements of syntax, spelling, cohesion and coherence of the language in which it is written. The use of short phrases in the construction of paragraphs is recommended.
In case the manuscript is approved by one of the reviewers and rejected by the other, a third reviewer is selected to settle the matter.
The double-blind peer review process might result in:
- Acceptance for publication.
- Acceptance with immediate corrections.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Der-Hechos authorizes distribution, dissemination and copy via any means and instance of derived works, as long as the individual authors name, the name of the journal and Universidad EAFIT is mentioned. Any commercial use requires permission from the Editor.
Article Processing Charges (APCs)
Der-Hechos does not have article processing charges (APCs). This journal is sponsored entirely by Universidad EAFIT.
Code of Ethics
Der-Hechos subscribes to the principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) . The following reasons are grounds for immediate rejection of a manuscript:
- Multiple submission
- Deliberate use of false or inaccurate data
- Falsification of information and documentation
- Disclosure and conflicts of interest
More information: http://publicaciones.eafit.edu.co/index.php/co-herencia/Code
Der-Hechos uses the Turnitin software to detect instances of overlapping and similar text in submitted manuscripts.