Call for Papers
In 2021, the Ingeniería y Ciencia (Engineering & Science) journal aims to dedicate its next issues to four themes (Digital Agriculture, Mathematics Applied to Disease Control, Geotechnics and Seismic Engineering, and Construction Works) while leaving the door open for receiving papers on other topics that fall within the focus and scope of the journal. Therefore, Ingeniería y Ciencia hereby invites researchers to submit research papers for publication in volume 17. Our paper selection and evaluation process is defined in our Editorial Policy and Guidelines for Authors.
Agricultural engineering applies science and technology to farming practices for the production of food, energy, and fibers, the restoration of soils, and the protection of nature and ecosystems. At Ingeniería y Ciencia, we would like to compile recent research papers aiming to achieve balanced, efficient, productive, and sustainable agriculture.
- Big Data and Bioinformatics
- Crop Design and Modeling
- Crop and Agricultural Production Processes
- Soil Microbiology
- Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology
- Farming Machinery and Digital Equipment
- Irrigation and Drainage
- Precision Farming
Mathematics Applied to Disease Control
Mathematics can be used as a tool for studying problems in various fields, including medicine, biology, and epidemiology. Many research studies have proved the importance of using mathematical modeling to fight diseases because they can adequately describe the basic characteristics of an epidemic, predict the consequences of introducing specific changes, reveal relations invisible to the naked eye, or simulate real-life situations that would otherwise be expensive, dangerous, immoral, or impossible. Hence, Ingeniería y Ciencia hereby invites researchers to submit research papers in which mathematics has been applied to improve the knowledge and understanding of diseases.
- Mathematical Modeling of Infectious Disease Transmissions
- Crisis Management and Decision-Making based on Mathematical Modeling
- Prediction of Incidence Curves
- Control Theory (applications to control diseases, economy problems, mechanical and electrical systems, and biology problems)
- Computational Mechanics (with finite elements, finite volumes, and boundary elements)
- Fluid Theory (from a mathematical perspective)
- Artificial Intelligence (from a mathematical perspective)
- Dynamic Systems
- Medical Signal and Image Processing (new algorithms and methods)
Geotechnics and Seismic Engineering
Geotechnics and Seismic Engineering, with the latter including structural seismic responses, are engineering fields that are constantly being updated and renewed because of the emergence of new materials and construction processes and the availability of massive computational capabilities that support the quick and accurate simulation of countless solutions for various engineering problems. The Ingeniería y Ciencia journal is the appropriate space for promoting these new infrastructure engineering possibilities and keeping up to date with reliable information, reviewed by academic peers, on new innovations proposed by other fellow engineers.
- Landslide Risk Assessment
- Geological Risks
- Rock and Soil Mechanics
- Stability of Slopes and Hillsides
- Evaluation of Existing Foundations
- Flood Risk Assessment
- Road Geotechnics
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- Seismic Engineering
Building and infrastructure construction works pose critical challenges because of their huge environmental impact. Construction works play a major role in transforming the planet, changing natural cycles, and depleting our natural resources, especially because of the waste production and natural material and energy consumption rates. In addition, when compared with other industries, construction processes exhibit inherent inefficiencies, confrontational relations, low productivity rates, and low profit margins. In this context, we are constantly looking for better ways to adequately respond to these challenges, which usually involves the implementation of nonlinear materials and energy flows, new planning tools and transformation, inspection and logistic process controls, new materials, design modeling, modulations, parameter configurations, and coordination tools as well as the integration of analysis-based decision-making strategies at different life cycle stages. The Ingeniería y Ciencia journal is the appropriate space for disseminating these new engineering possibilities applied to building and infrastructure construction works and for keeping up to date with reliable information, reviewed by academic peers, about new proposed innovations.
- Financial Decision-Making applied to Construction Projects
- New Construction Materials
- Statistical Analysis
- Building Information Modeling
- Construction and Demolition Waste